We interrupt the scheduled programming on TMP today in celebration of the blog’s first award. Paula of The Culture Enthusiast was gracious enough to choose TMP as one of her 15 picks for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Big thanks to Paula, and her blog is wonderful, so you should check it out if you don’t already read it!
The rules for this award are as follows:
-Include the award graphic in your post.
-Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
-Share seven random facts about yourself.
-Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers. Be sure to contact and congratulate them.
1. I’m a total primatology nerd. My favorite primates are the Gorilla gorilla gorilla (Western lowland gorilla – which I once wrote a 25 page paper about) and the Tarsius syrichta (Philippine tarsier).
2. Also on the topic of primatology, I met Jane Goodall last year and was more star-struck meeting her than anyone else I’ve met in my lifetime. She’s been a hero of mine since childhood.
3. I’m only five feet tall. My family has adopted the nickname “Gidget” for me – not only because I love the film, but because I am also a “gidget,” haha.
4. I’ve worn the same “passing out candy” costume on Halloween for the past five years: teen wolf. This costume consists of a hand-me-down wolf mask given to me by my grandpa and my dad’s old letter jacket from high school. Most of the kids are scared to take candy from me.
5. I’ve visited (and/or lived in, in some cases) 12 of the 50 states. I’d like to visit all 50 eventually. Alaska, the Dakotas and Wyoming are all very high on the list of places I’d like to visit next.
6. I love to camp. We have a Skamper Camper from the ’70s and I’d live in it if I could (though I’m no stranger to tent camping either, and pride myself on being able to put up the tent with no help).
7. At this time next year, I’ll be about a month away from graduating from undergrad. Woohoo!
Fifteen bloggers (No particular order):
6. A Chaotic Journey Through Film History
10. Forgotten Films
12. Thrilling Days of Yesteryear
Congrats on the award – and thanks for including me in your choices! I love your facts (#4 definitely made me laugh).
You’re very welcome! I always enjoy reading your blog and reading your thoughts on my posts :)
Hey Lindsey, nice work with the award! I don’t know if anyone has ever told you this, but you look just like Grace Kelly…
I get that a lot – the resemblance is really uncanny. And doesn’t my award look just like an Oscar? What a great mantle piece it’ll make!
Congratulations! You deserve it :)
Thank you! :)
Wow, nice! Congrats and thank you for the award! But damn, to choose 15 to pass it forward to – I’m already scratching my head with angst. Still happy though!
Haha, you can always break the rules a bit ;) I was going to select 20 instead of 15 because I had trouble narrowing it down when looking through my WP reader. Thank you!
Lol. Nice! I don’t know, I will try but it came at such a busy time. :(
You can always wait a while to post it, too. I understand being busy!
Thanks for considering me!
You’re very welcome! I always enjoy reading your blog.
What drew you to primates?
Honestly, I’m not 100% sure haha. I’ve always liked them, and animals in general. I spent a lot of time at the zoo, watching shows about animals, reading about animals as a kid and for some reason I gravitated toward primates and anteaters, of all things. Last year I decided to take a class on primates as an elective and it was the best class I’ve taken in my entire college career, so that increased my interest even more. They’re fascinating!
Wow – these are some really interesting facts about you. Meeting Jane Goodall would be such thrill! I would like to hear more about this meeting… Can you work it into a classic film review somehow??
Thanks for the nomination! Will have to give these answers some thought…
I’m drawing a blank on how I could work it into a classic review but I could do a recommendation post on primatology documentaries or documentaries about her work :) I actually like that idea… I love documentaries but don’t really cover them a lot here.
No problem, I look forward to reading your answers!