We interrupt the scheduled programming on TMP today in celebration of the blog’s first award. Paula of The Culture Enthusiast was gracious enough to choose TMP as one of her 15 picks for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Big thanks to Paula, and her blog is wonderful, so you should check it out if you don’t already read it!
The rules for this award are as follows:
-Include the award graphic in your post.
-Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
-Share seven random facts about yourself.
-Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers. Be sure to contact and congratulate them.
1. I’m a total primatology nerd. My favorite primates are the Gorilla gorilla gorilla (Western lowland gorilla – which I once wrote a 25 page paper about) and the Tarsius syrichta (Philippine tarsier).
2. Also on the topic of primatology, I met Jane Goodall last year and was more star-struck meeting her than anyone else I’ve met in my lifetime. She’s been a hero of mine since childhood.
3. I’m only five feet tall. My family has adopted the nickname “Gidget” for me – not only because I love the film, but because I am also a “gidget,” haha.
4. I’ve worn the same “passing out candy” costume on Halloween for the past five years: teen wolf. This costume consists of a hand-me-down wolf mask given to me by my grandpa and my dad’s old letter jacket from high school. Most of the kids are scared to take candy from me.
5. I’ve visited (and/or lived in, in some cases) 12 of the 50 states. I’d like to visit all 50 eventually. Alaska, the Dakotas and Wyoming are all very high on the list of places I’d like to visit next.
6. I love to camp. We have a Skamper Camper from the ’70s and I’d live in it if I could (though I’m no stranger to tent camping either, and pride myself on being able to put up the tent with no help).
7. At this time next year, I’ll be about a month away from graduating from undergrad. Woohoo!
Fifteen bloggers (No particular order):
10. Forgotten Films