Last week must have been my lucky week. After receiving my very first Liebster Award on Tuesday, Movies, Silently – another great blog that I recommend checking out if you aren’t already reading it! – decided to bestow another award on me the very same day: the Versatile Blogger Award. And THEN I was given the Versatile Blogger Award by The Last Drive In a few days later. I can’t thank these people enough for paying attention to my blog and thinking that it’s worthy of an award. As I said in a comment when I received the award last week, I was sure my mom would be my only reader when I started this blog. Now she’s one of many readers and that kind of blows my mind. (Hi, mom!)
Here are the rules!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 new blog/bloggers you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those bloggers for a Versatile Blogger Award, leave a link to their page and a comment on their latest post to let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Since I got the first two rules out of the way above, here are my fifteen picks:
(These are listed in the order in which they appear on my WP “following” list. I just scrolled through the list and picked 15 of the first 20 or so. Don’t feel bad if you aren’t listed here – TMP still loves you! Blame the order of my WP reader! Narrowing my favorite blogs down to fifteen is almost as daunting a task as narrowing my favorite films down to the same number.)
2. Cinema Parrot Disco
4. The Cinematic Frontier
5. The Vern’s Video Vortex
6. Pretty Clever Films
7. Popcorn Nights
8. Cinema Vine
9. Celluloid Wicker Man
10. The Derby Killer
11. Fogs’ Movie Reviews
12. Live for Films
13. Fast Film Reviews
14. Nitrate Diva
15. Sittin’ on a Backyard Fence
Please don’t feel obligated to pass the award along if I gave it to you — just know that I greatly enjoy your blog! :)
And here are my seven facts!
1. I share a birthday with Clara Bow.
2. I once had a professor who hated The Wizard of Oz. I decided to write my mid-term paper on the film in order to try to persuade her of its greatness… and though I received a near-perfect score on the paper, I was only mildly successful in changing her opinion!
3. Harold Lloyd is my favorite silent film actor.
4. I spent some of my textbook money this year on a membership to The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village and now have unlimited access to Model T/train/carousel rides and ragtime festivals.
5. Sometimes I dress in vintage clothing when I visit the Village so I can pretend I stepped back in time. Especially for special events like the Ragtime Festival. Yep, I’m one of those history nerds.
6. I love to camp and am a pro at starting fires/setting up tents.
7. One of my major life goals as a child was to become a national spelling bee champion. That never happened… but I did compete in a few spelling bees at my elementary and middle schools.