The lovely Vanessa Buttino has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Most of my readers here on TMP are fellow bloggers, and it always excites me to receive honors like this from folks whose blogs I adore, so thanks a million, Vanessa! I encourage you all to check out her fantastic blog!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank your nominator and provide a link to their blog.
- Make your own 15 nominations and tell them they have been nominated.
- Offer up seven interesting facts about yourself.
My nominations (alphabetical order):
- Atomic Flash Deluxe
- Cinema Axis
- Cinema Monolith
- The Critical Cinephile
- The Critical Eye
- Durnmoose Movie Musings
- Eve on a Hot Tin Roof
- Frame Rates
- No Frame of Reference
- Reel Roy Reviews
- The Rosebud Cinema
- Silver Screen Serenade
- Thoughts from the Booth
- Writer Loves Movies
I tried to select different blogs than I’ve chosen for awards before. Also, I read a TON of blogs so it was incredibly difficult to pick just 15!
You’re not obligated to pass on the award if I’ve chosen you — I know not everyone likes making these posts. I just wanted to show my appreciation for all of your wonderful content. :)
Seven “interesting” facts:
- I recently discovered that my great-grandfather managed a movie theater in the 1940s.
- I watch far too many true crime documentaries and, for a short time in high school, I hoped to have a career in forensics. My family is convinced I’m going to go to law school after I finish my current degree.
- In a perfect world where this type of venture would actually be able to stay afloat, I’d love to own, curate and operate an enormous museum of 20th century popular culture.
- I have over 25 nicknames for my dog, including Dubenstein, Beeble, Dubs McClellan and Flubby Dubby. (His name is Wizard, so the variations of “Dub” come from the first letter of his name – “Dubya.”)
- I’m terrified of most bugs, but I love to research/read about them. (Did you know that mayfly fossil record dates to the late Carboniferous era, about 300 MILLION years ago?)
- I have a serious crush on Lon Chaney, Sr., which is made even weirder by the fact that if he were alive through some miracle of science, he’d be 131 years old, and about 108 years older than me. Such is the life of a young classic film fan — our celebrity crushes are a century older than us!
- Though I’ve tried many times to kick the habit, I remain completely addicted to caffeine.