Paula of Paula’s Cinema Club has awarded me a Liebster! Paula runs a fantastic blog, is one of the wonderful souls who brought TCM Party to life on Twitter, and is a fellow Detroiter who actually owns her own theater, Cinema Detroit (which I am dying to pay a visit to). Blog awards are fun to receive no matter who they’re from, but they’re especially fun to receive when they come from a woman badass enough to own her own theater. Thanks, Paula!
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions. Don’t forget to notify them, leave a comment somewhere on their blog.
- When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- St. Patrick’s Day was this week. What is your favorite film set in Ireland?
P.S. I Love You was the first film that came to mind when I read this question. It’s a cheesy tearjerker but I love it. It’s only partially set in Ireland, but I haven’t actually seen many films set in Ireland, now that I think of it!
- What movie job would you like to try? Director, screenwriter, stuntperson, costumer….
Cinematographer. One of my hobbies is still photography and I think I’ve got a pretty good eye. Would be fun to try my hand at moving pictures!
- Under what circumstances, if any, would you appear on a reality TV show?
Honestly, all they’d have to do would be pay me enough that I could to get my undergraduate loans handled and pay for the rest of my graduate program without loans. I would readily sell my soul to the reality TV machine for the sake of my education (so long as the show didn’t involve bodily harm or bug-eating).
- There’s a lot of mediocre sequels around, but are there any films that should have a sequel but don’t?
Good question! I have actually always wished there was a prequel or sequel to Casablanca — not about Bogie and Rains and their beautiful friendship, but focused on the underrated love of my life Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo.
- Have you had any brushes with fame…where and who was the famous person?
I met Jane Goodall. She signed my copy of Africa in My Blood and I was too starstruck to say much to her but she was suuuuuper nice. Also, Henry Winkler tweeted me once and my mom is related to Pam Dawber… do those count? haha
- What is your favorite time of day?
Any time that involves sleep.
- Who should play you in your biopic?
Oh, I have no clue. I don’t bear resemblance to any living actress.
- Is there a book that has not been made into a movie that you think would be good?
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: The Seance by John Harwood! I’m dying to see this story made into a film. I’ve also recently discovered the Rose Gardner mysteries by Denise Grover Swank and think those would make great popcorn mystery/comedy/action flicks.
- Sleepless night…do you get up and do something, stay still and try to relax, or….?
Stay still and try to relax. Or read a bit until I get sleepy.
- Do you have a recurring dream?
Yes, I have a recurring nightmare about a house fire. That’s all the detail I’m giving though, because it disturbs me to think about.
- Fill in the blank: People would be surprised that I really like __________________.
British pop girl groups (Girls Aloud, Little Mix, The Spice Girls, etc.). Not a huge surprise since I’ve mentioned my love for Girls Aloud on this blog before, but I’m not big on pop music so it’s way out of character for me, haha.
I’m not going to pass this one along (too many great bloggers to choose from, and I’m feeling lazy) but I wanted to answer the questions and thank Paula for graciously bestowing this honor upon my blog. :)