It’s officially December — only one month left of 2014 viewing! This has been a much lighter year for me than years previous in terms of viewing, but I’ve still watched a lot of films. Let’s take a look at what my eyeballs absorbed in the month of November.
New-to-me viewings: 23
Total for November: 26
Total for 2014 thus far: 289
The new-to-me list:
- Interstellar (2014)
- Let ‘Em Have It (1935)
- Anything Goes (1954)
- Beyond Tomorrow (1940)
- Black Orchid (1953)
- The Gambler Wore a Gun (1961)
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon (1953)
- So You Want to Learn to Dance (1953)
- So You Want a Television Set (1953)
- From A to Z-Z-Z-Z (1953)
- Let’s Sing a Song About the Moonlight (1948)
- A Hound for Trouble (1951)
- Whiplash (2014)
- The Winning of Barbara Worth (1926)
- Pitch Perfect (2012)
- The Boys from Brazil (1978)
- Nightcrawler (2014)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (2014)
- Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)
- This Property is Condemned (1966)
- Christmas Cupid (2010)
- Honolulu (1939)
- Twenty Million Sweethearts (1934)
- At the cinema – 6
- From my collection – 7
- Hulu – 3
- Netflix Instant – 6
- TCM/WatchTCM – 4
- 1910s – 0
- 1920s – 1
- 1930s – 3
- 1940s – 4
- 1950s – 8
- 1960s – 2
- 1970s – 1
- 1980s – 0
- 1990s – 0
- 2000s – 0
- 2010s – 7
I didn’t go too crazy this month, only spending about $25 on DVDs. Thanks to post-Thanksgiving deals on Amazon, I was able to stretch that $25 pretty well and pick up a few TV seasons I’ve had on my wishlist for a long time. These items haven’t arrived yet, but they’re paid for, so I’m including them in this month’s update. Here’s what I picked up in November:
- Friends, Season 6 – I own seasons 1-5 of this and have been hoping to complete my collection in the near future. At only $3.99 for a fulfilled-by-Amazon, like-new copy, I couldn’t pass it up! Unfortunately, the rest of the seasons were more expensive, so I’ll have to wait to collect those.
- Mad Men, The Final Season: Part 1 – The DVD that prompted my little Amazon splurge! The original price is RIDICULOUS for a half-season, but it was on sale for only $10. That’s a great price, considering how much I love this series and how eager I am to do a re-watch before the final episodes air.
- Sex and the City, Season 3 – Another show that I’m slowly collecting the complete series of. I picked up seasons one and two at Target earlier this year. Season 3 was a $6.99 Amazon pick-up.
- That ’70s Show, Season 2 – Aaaand yet another show that I’m slowly collecting! We’re seeing a trend here, with the exception of Mad Men. I’ve been slow to collect this one since it’s usually available on Netflix. (Sometimes it disappears for a few days, but they usually renew the license for it.) However, I’m still hoping to collect all seasons. It’s one of those shows I can re-watch endlessly, and I’ve loved it since its original TV run.
I also received Pitch Perfect as a gift from my dad. I’ve already watched and enjoyed it. He saw it while traveling, in its theatrical run — one of the few films he’s seen without me, as we usually visit the theater together. (Yes, I am a 20-something who enjoys hanging out with my parents. They’re awesome. Sue me!) We are suuuuper “aca-cited” to see the sequel together next year.
It’s Great to hear you spend time/enjoy the company of your parents. No shame in that.