Another week gone! Apologies for getting this up a bit late — I meant to post it on Friday. As you read this, I’m in the middle of my almost-two-weeks in the woods. But my DVR is filling back at home, and I’m here to give you my recommendations for August 17th through 23rd!
As usual, linked titles will take you to my previous coverage of these films, and all times are listed in Eastern. You can check out the full Summer Under the Stars schedule at TCM’s website.
August 17: Errol Flynn
- The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), 2:00 p.m.
- Cry Wolf (1947), 4:15 a.m.
August 18: Audrey Hepburn
- Robin and Marian (1976), 6:00 a.m.
- The Children’s Hour (1961), 12:30 p.m.
- Charade (1963), 12:00 a.m.
August 19: Buster Keaton
- In the Good Old Summertime (1949), 4:00 p.m.
- Seven Chances (1925), 2:30 a.m.
August 20: Dorothy McGuire
- The Enchanted Cottage (1945), 12:00 p.m.
- A Summer Place (1959), 8:00 p.m.
August 21: Joel McCrea
- The Most Dangerous Game (1932), 6:00 a.m.
- Bed of Roses (1933), 7:15 a.m.
- Gambling Lady (1934), 8:45 a.m.
- Primrose Path (1940), 1:15 p.m.
August 22: Leila Hyams
- Red-Headed Woman (1932), 6:30 p.m.
- Freaks (1932), 8:00 p.m.
August 23: Fred Astaire
Hope you’re having fun in the wilds of somewhere, and not experiencing any ‘Eden Lake’ scenarios! When I first read the first paragraph of the review, I thought it said, “Sorry for getting up a bit late,” and I thought, “Don’t worry, sleep in as late as you want!” Of your stars listed above, I’ve seen at least one film from every list but one, so if I had the opportunity, I guess I’d have to go with Fred Astaire as my star of choice for their day of films.
Fred Astaire is always a good choice! Oddly enough, I sleep in a lot less when I’m camping than when I’m at home, haha. After a few days I sync up with the sun — tired by 9:30 and awake by 7! I’m having a great time, though. I’ve spent the whole of today reading by the river, and later this week will be catching a classic film matinee at a local historic theater!
Very cool…a camping trip isn’t a camping trip without a visit to a nearby old-time movie house!